Re: Developing a simple UI in Octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Developing a simple UI in Octave
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:19:46 -0400

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM, ijourneaux <address@hidden> wrote:
Does anyone have any examples I could use?
Ideally I would like to have a menu bar, ability to open a window so the
user can specify some options and some buttons. Not familiar with java but a
couple of examples would go a long way as I am comfortable in other
programming languages.

What about the Matlab UI functions? Is there a plan to implement those?

The FLTK backend does not support them, and there's no plan to make it support them in the future. OTOH, QtHandles supports them, so you might want to take a look (as there's also plans to integrate QtHandles into octave in the future).

Michael.