Re: Simultaneous "compact", "short e" and "output_precision(2)"

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Simultaneous "compact", "short e" and "output_precision(2)"
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:58:37 -0400

On 20 August 2013 22:54, Paul <address@hidden> wrote:
> That's the source of my concern, that we end up empirically documenting a
> collection of disparate, very specific black box behaviours of the features
> when software module behaviour is usually designed with a sensible simple
> scheme in mind

There isn't anything black about it:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/8520c264619c/libinterp/corefcn/pr-output.cc

There's no need to be guessing what "format" does. We can know. If the
documentation and the behaviour are out of synch, they should be
brought back into synch, but there are no secrets of operation here.

- Jordi G. H.