Simultaneous "compact", "short e" and "output_precision(2)"

From: Paul
Subject: Simultaneous "compact", "short e" and "output_precision(2)"
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 01:45:01 +0000 (UTC)

I have the following script.  I want format to be compact, to use short
scientific exponent, and to have a precision of 1 decimal place.  The
following is compact, but uses fixed point for u.

   format compact short e
   %format compact
   %format short e
   output_precision(2)
   lambda=[ 2.4e-6;14e-6;6.1e-8 ]
   T=8766
   u=lambda*T/2

The following is not compact:

   %format compact short e
   format compact
   format short e
   output_precision(2)
   lambda=[ 2.4e-6;14e-6;6.1e-8 ]
   T=8766
   u=lambda*T/2

The following presents u in fixed point.

   %format compact short e
   format compact
   %format short e
   output_precision(2)
   lambda=[ 2.4e-6;14e-6;6.1e-8 ]
   T=8766
   u=lambda*T/2

Is this proper behaviour for format & output_precision?  Is it possible to
get short scientific exponent and output_precision?