Re: dct in Octave

From: Jeffrey
Subject: Re: dct in Octave
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 20:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

octave:1> pkg list
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
      odepkg *|   0.8.0 | /usr/share/octave/packages/odepkg-0.8.0

octave:3> pkg install -forge signal
warning: creating installation directory /home/schwarz/octave
error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:
   signal needs octave >= 3.6.0
 signal needs specfun >= 0.0.0
 signal needs control >= 2.2.3
 signal needs general >= 1.3.2

octave:4> ver
GNU Octave Version 3.4.3
GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
Operating System: Linux 2.6.32-gentoo-r7-microway-edac #1 SMP Fri Oct 8
13:35:16 EDT 2010 x86_64
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
      odepkg *|   0.8.0 | /usr/share/octave/packages/odepkg-0.8.0
     specfun  |   1.1.0 | /home/schwarz/octave/specfun-1.1.0

Then I tried
octave:3> pkg install -forge specfun
octave:4> pkg install -forge control
error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:
   control needs octave >= 3.6.0

Do I need to install 'specfun', 'control' and 'general'? Same method? *Am I
out of luck* since I don't have a recent enough version of Octave?

Note that I am not this system's administrator and the admin will not be
upgrading Octave any time soon.

Thanks.