Re: GPIB test on HP8510C electrical-optical calibration

From: martine1212
Subject: Re: GPIB test on HP8510C electrical-optical calibration
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:04:22 -0700 (PDT)

There is something going with the gpib_read
>From what I am debugging each complex pair is 50 bytes
Using the Matlab script, it reads the whole 801 pairs, it is 40050 bytes
There is a buch of spaces and LF characters.

The gpib_read is only giving me 401, 20050 bytes which is half of it.

I used the NI low level for writing  to the card GPIB-PCI+ just to check the
card...
It reads the whole 801 points.

Yes, you are correct, changing the format would reduce the amount of data.

The information in is the manual.... I have to find where we left the paper
copy and do some RTFM.
There is no option to read in steps..... once you tell the VNA to output
data... it is going to blast the GPIB
until everything is out.