Re: mesh plot

From: Bård Skaflestad
Subject: Re: mesh plot
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 09:58:34 +0200

On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 12:46 +0800, asha g wrote:
> I am trying to get a mesh plot in a program where I think the N and
> iter values are very high.

Your script doesn't refer to either 'N' or 'iter', so the following is a
*guess* that 'N' is numel(x) and 'iter' is numel(z).  Furthermore I
*assume* that the quantities 'x', 'y', and 'z' are computed by some
external means, have conformable dimensions and Just Exist[tm] in your
environment.

To pick up every five elements of 'y' in each coordinate direction, you
could do something like this:

        i = 1 : 5 : numel(x);
        j = 1 : 5 : numel(z);
        mesh(z(j), x(i), y(i,j))

Adjust the stride (in this case, '5') appropriately if you want more or
fewer points in your mesh plot.

Note: mesh(z(j), x(i), y(i,j)) is not a misprint.  If you use vectors as
coordinates, then number of rows of the third parameter must match the
number of elements of the *second* parameter and the number of columns
of the third parameter must match the number of elements of the first
parameter.

Sincerely,
--
Bård Skaflestad <address@hidden>