Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode

From: c.
Subject: Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:10:45 +0200

On 29 Apr 2013, at 11:08, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2013-04-29 16:49 +0800, c. wrote:
>> 5. recognizing 'end' when used as a special indexing keyword rather
>> than block closure
>
> Could you give me a hint of what is wrong at the moment using octave.el?
> The only thing I noticed was font-locking end as a keyword but
> indentation seems unaffected thanks to smie.
>
> Leo

According to Olaf this is already fixed in newer versions of octave-mod.el so
I'd rather first
check out how your octave.el works and then report errors.

At the moment I'm unable to install it though …
I am using Aquamacs Emacs 2.4 which is based on GNU Emacs 23.3
I added

  (require 'octave)

when starting aquamacs I see the following message:

(source)...
(source)…done

then .m files open by default in matlab mode.
If I switch to octave-mode (M-x octave-mode) it looks like the old version of
octave-mode is
used.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks!