Re: Sparse manual deff.

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Sparse manual deff.
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:55:32 -0400

On 25 April 2013 09:07, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
> In
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Sparse-Linear-Algebra.html
>
> I find:
>
> The band density is defined as the number of non-zero values in the matrix
> divided by the number of non-zero values in the matrix.
>
> This will always be 1  ??????

Oops, obvious think-o. Should be number of nonzeros values in the band
divided by number of nonzeros in a full band.

> Also Does Octave use:
>
> "
>
> Yale format
>
> The Yale Sparse Matrix Format stores an initial sparse m×n matrix, M, in row
> form using three one-dimensional arrays.
>
> "

Sort of. It uses compressed-column sparse, which is an almost
insignificant variation of the Yale format.

I don't have my Savannah credentials handy yet, but I should have them
soon. If you don't see me or someone else make a commit soon to fix
these doc bugs, can you please prod us again with a bug report on the
tracker?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.