Re: How to plot surface using scaled axes values, not indexes

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: How to plot surface using scaled axes values, not indexes
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:39:45 -0500

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

<deleted>

figure
surf(y)
view(30.0,30.0)

The above code snippet is simply a means of getting something viewable, I'm sure there are much better approaches.

So, what I want to be able to do, is achieve a surface plot as per example, but with x and y axes values displayed as scaled values, not as indexes as shown. I.E. x would have values j = j*spac1, and i = i*spac2, where spac2 is my real world y spacing.

Perhaps I misunderstood again what are you trying to do, but
surf() can take 2 arguments -- surf(x,y,z)

In your case it would be something along the lines:
xx = jj*spac1; yy = ii*spac2; [x,y] = meshgrid(xx,yy); surf(x,y,z)

You may want to look at xode for sombrero() as an example.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell