Re: Function handle with arguments for GUI callback

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Function handle with arguments for GUI callback
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:42:47 -0400

On Mar 11, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 11 March 2013 12:21, Arnaud Miege <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am trying to develop a GUI (using Octave 3.6.2 with Qt graphics toolkit on
>> Windows). The whole of the code is in a single function file, with a number
>> of nested functions. I have used MATLAB for more than 10 years so I am used
>> to the nested functions having access to the workspace of the calling
>> function. Now, I understand that the decision was made for Octave to not
>> support this behaviour, and that's fine, everybody's entitled to their
>> opinion, I am not going to discuss the benefits of using either approach.
>
> You might be interested in knowing that the current development branch
> of Octave has changed nested functions:
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/fa3989fbb1b5#l1.57
>
> - Jordi G. H.

There's a developer's build for Windows that I believe includes nested
functions.

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45539519/octave-3.7.2%2B-vs2010-setup.exe

The original post to the maintainer's mail-list is below.

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2013-February/032251.html

If you find any problems, please report them.  If you think they qualify as
bugs, please file a report.

        https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Ben