Re: Edit problem Octave

From: am304
Subject: Re: Edit problem Octave
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 02:24:02 -0700 (PDT)

Nicholas Jankowski-2 wrote
> On the guess that it's a problem with the space is the path, you could try
> installing it to another folder without spaces (say, /Octave/Notepad++)
> and
> see if that works around the problem for the time being.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that's one thing I can't do: I
don't have admin rights, so I would need to get IT to uninstall Notepad++,
and reinstall it somewhere where there isn't a space in the path. I'll just
have to live with it for now.

Maybe the editor support commands need to be made more robust to handle
spaces in the path? After all, it's not exactly unexpected to have programs
install on either "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" for Windows users
(which I assume are a significant proportion of Octave users).

Thanks,

Arnaud