Re: Installing JAVA for octave

From: kees
Subject: Re: Installing JAVA for octave
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 15:52:08 -0500

On 03/03/2013 03:20 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
kees wrote
To use the "io package" I had to install Java aswell. I downloaded the
package from the SourceForge.net and tried to install it like I did with
all the other packages  " pkg install java-1.2.9.tar.gz. etc

However, I received an error and I had to do something with
"setenv("JAVA_HOME", "full/path/to /JavaJDK") and that is what I not
really understand what I have to do here. I executed it and of course I
used the correct path but it did not work. It appears that it has to be
installed somewhere specific but I do not know where and how.

So does anyone knows how to do this correctly?
What Octave version? what operating system & version (Linux distro / Windows

Philip