curvilinear coordinates

From: Katrijn
Subject: curvilinear coordinates
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:21:34 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am working with non-orthogonal curvilinear coordinates. When using the
command quiver(x,y,uvel,vvel) I get the origins of the vectors at the
correct spot, however the direction is still calculated in the cartesian
coordinate system (so basically I get the same vectors in quiver(uvel,vvel)
and quiver(x,y,uvel,vvel) except that the position is changed, while I
expected a translation and a rotation of my vectors, I only got a
translation. I looked around but do not seem to find an easy answer. In
matlab there seems to exist a curv2cart.m script, but I can't seem to find
it. Hope somebody can help me.

Cheers,

Katrijn