Re: package "communications" will not compile in octave 3.6.3

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: package "communications" will not compile in octave 3.6.3
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 08:48:46 -0500

On 10 February 2013 05:15, stn021 <address@hidden> wrote:
> I will now build octave 3.6.2 instead and I would like to request that
> unreleased source-files with issues (like octave-3.6.3.tar.bz2) be marked as
> "rc" or something similar.

It was released, but quietly, and it has become the basis for some
packagings, e.g. Debian's and thus Ubuntu's backports.

Regardless, the 3.6.x series should all be uniformly able or unable to
build the communications package, since we are striving to maintain
ABI compatibility within it. I doubt a different member of the 3.6.x
series will make a difference, so please post the actual error message
you saw to see if we can diagnose the problem.

- Jordi G. H.