Re: OO in octave.

From: ernst
Subject: Re: OO in octave.
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:42:14 +0100

Hi Carnë,
> On 31 January 2013 12:26,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:09:17 +0100
>> From: ernst <address@hidden>
>> To: address@hidden
>> Subject: OO in octave.
>>
>> Hi all,
>> i know OO from java: x.function(a,....) means function(x,a,...)
>> where the class of x determines the choice of the function.
>>
>> For octave i did not find an according statement in the docu.
>> Does octave rely on the 1st argument only, as java does or does it look
>> after all?
> You can have both ways with Octave. Look at the inputParser class in
> the general package for an example. Basically you'll need to play with
> subsasgn and subsref.
thank you for your answer.
I found the general package but did not find the inputParser class.
Maybe the problem is the version? I use 3.6.2.
I searched all the loadpath. No success.

What I did is, to have a look at the documentation.
I suspect that somewhere in my brain there is a deep misconception about
OO in octave.

I always thought, that subasgn and subsref refer to aspects of a single
object,
typically of its components,
whereas i am talking about a list of parameters possibly consisting of
many objects.
Or does octave not distinguish between
function (a,b,c) (3 elements) and function([a b c]) which is one only?

Be it as it is, I did not understand why your hint was an answer to my
original question.

Please help again.

greetings,

Ernst