Re: libcurl and RHEL 5

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: libcurl and RHEL 5
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:05:41 -0500

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 1 February 2013 09:25, gtoal <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I realise this is an ancient thread
>
> It would be preferrable if you started a new thread next time, but
> it's no big problem if you do this. At least edit the subject line,
> though
>
>> As far as RHEL5 is concerned, I do have the lastest version of curl?
>
> Yes, but RHEL 5 itself is ancient, so its idea of latest versions is
> also ancient. If you can't install a newer curl, you can edit Octave
> itself like you suggested.
>
> Admittedly, this should be a configure script check, we just never got
> around to doing it. Can you prepare a patch?

Actually it is done. I've fixed this and other libcurl compatibility
problems on the development version of Octave already. It should be
fairly easy to backport these as patches to the 3.6 release series for
someone who is interested in making that work on RHEL5. The following
changesets all fix problems with older versions of libcurl:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c42bf5cadb60
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/af54273243fd
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/81fe6665ed3c

--