libcurl and RHEL 5

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: libcurl and RHEL 5
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:37:07 -0500

On 1 February 2013 09:25, gtoal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I realise this is an ancient thread

It would be preferrable if you started a new thread next time, but
it's no big problem if you do this. At least edit the subject line,
though

> As far as RHEL5 is concerned, I do have the lastest version of curl?

Yes, but RHEL 5 itself is ancient, so its idea of latest versions is
also ancient. If you can't install a newer curl, you can edit Octave
itself like you suggested.

Admittedly, this should be a configure script check, we just never got
around to doing it. Can you prepare a patch?

- Jordi G. H.