Re: help text

From: ernst
Subject: Re: help text
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:54:59 +0100

On 01/30/2013 09:46 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 30 January 2013 15:34, ernst <address@hidden> wrote:
>> i started writing functions and endowing them with documentation.
> [snip]
>> What did I wrong?
> Overwriting functions, probably. This really does not work well
> reliably. It is why Octave warns about it.

Oh!
In fact, I used OO and this is almost recommended:
The manual describes how to add, multiply and so on polynomials:
overloading plus, times and so on..
Ah, i see, i wrote overwriting.. my mistake.
Correction; help works well overwriting but not overloading.

As you told me about namespaces: overwriting is very dangerous.

Still my problem with overloading remains.
Note that it is just a problem with help, the functions as such seem to
work well.

Greetings, Ernst