Re: gnu plot error on octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gnu plot error on octave
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 04:02:43 -0500

On Jan 19, 2013, at 1:58 AM, fr33c0untry wrote:

> hi
> i downloaded octave 3.6.3 from the software center.but i noticed that
> whenever i try a 3d plot or use the eig() command the terminal closes by
> itself.is it because the libraries are not installed properly?this never
> happened when i had octave 3.2.4

I don't see Octave 3.6.3 in the Software Center for Ubuntu 12.10.  I do see
Octave 3.6.2.  I have no problem with 3D plots or eig().

Maybe your problems has to do with the BLAS you are using? Are you using the
"Optimized BLAS" based on GoToBLAS2?  You can check from [Software Center] ->
[Developer Tools] -> [GNU Octave] -> [More Info]

I'm *not* using Optimized BLAS.

Ben