Re: Octave with eclipse

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave with eclipse
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:04:52 -0500

On Jan 18, 2013, at 7:53 AM, Daniel wrote:

> bpabbott wrote
>> On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:01 AM, sarbjit <
>
>> sarbjit1987@
>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I have found one link having octave plugin for eclipse
>>> "https://sourceforge.net/projects/octclipse/"; . But when I run any
>>> script,
>>> it gave the following error:
>>>
>>> "No corresponding plugin for current Octave version".
>>>
>>> Has any one able to use that plugin with eclipse?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> The link below indicates Octclipse should run on Windows and Linux.  What
>> OS are you?
>>
>> http://octclipse.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Ben
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> I use
> - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
> - octclipse
> - Octave 3.6.2
>
> When trying to run a simple script I get the error
> "No corresponding plugin for current Octave version"
>
> I also tried Octave 3.6.1 plus different builds always with the same result.
>
> Both times the message seems oddd, because when configuring, octclipse
> recognizes the proper Octave installation and libs.
>
> I think the problem may rely to java, since I get the following error when
> trying to receive the octclipse installation details:
>
> An internal error occurred during: "Fetching children of _SELF_".
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks Daniel

As far as I know, no one on this list have been running Octclipse.  It appears
that the project has been inactive for about two years.

http://octclipse.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/octclipse/octclipse/shortlog/274

However, there is some indication others will get involved.

        http://octclipse.blogspot.com/2012/02/octclipse-reincarnation.html

Ben