Re: Problems Installing io-1.2.0 Package in Windows 7

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Problems Installing io-1.2.0 Package in Windows 7
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:43:20 -0800 (PST)

bmgamm wrote
> Thanks Michael,
>
> I changed the format specifier in the post_install.m from %S to %s, and
> that seemed to do the trick.

(Thanks for reporting, I've fixed it in svn. A new io release wil take some
time though)

Just curious, do the Java spreadsheet classlibs get added to the
javaclasspath when the io package is loaded? (make sure the io package and
java package are loaded, then type:
 chk_spreadsheet_support
at the Octave prompt and check if it returns an answer > 1).

The whole point of post_install.m is to help automate that process but it is
very fragile code.

Philip