Help with octave C++ function

From: tstrubl1
Subject: Help with octave C++ function
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:59:05 -0800 (PST)

     Hello, I am having trouble with a C++ function which I wish to execute
in Octave.  This function takes the convolution of 2 matrices and applies a
threshold value to the output.  The mathematics is similar to the one used
in the following link:

http://gimp.open-source-solution.org/manual/plug-in-convmatrix.html

The code compiles without any errors.  When the function is executed it
returns a matrix completely filled with zeros.  When I attempt to execute
the function more than once, octave crashes.  I have been unable to debug
this on my own.  I have attached the code to this post.  I am using octave
3.2.4 on ubuntu 12.04.  Using AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Processor × 6, 8
gigs or ram.

Thank you for your time.
--Timothy Struble-Larsen

imgconv2.cc <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4648488/imgconv2.cc>