Re: Octave 64 bits

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave 64 bits
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:26:55 -0500

On 28 December 2012 12:12, carlosc_corr <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using a 32 bits Octave, however given the size of data, I need to pass
> it to 64 bit version.

Compiling Octave for Windows is difficult. Doubly so for a 64-bit
version, since you have to compile yourself all of Octave's Fortran
dependencies.

Our current efforts are focused on cross-compiling from a GNU/Linux
system, please see below:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2012-November/030825.html

Thus, your best bet is to install a GNU distribution (e.g. Debian or
Ubuntu) and use that to compile a 64-bit version of Octave for
Windows.

- Jordi G. H.