Re: why cell arrays are used in 'interp2'

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: why cell arrays are used in 'interp2'
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:28:06 -0500

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:
>There's no need to be disrespectful, because you didn't get an answer as fast as you had hoped.  This will just make people not try or want to answer you. A very simple explanation for the lack of answer can be found in a calendar.
>

>Michael.

Where is disrespect ?

I asked a question in the assumption design motives were known.

I got an answer showing they are not.

No, you got an answer from a nice guy, who may not be the author of interp2, but still tried to help you with some suggestions, while it's Christmas time.

_My_ assumption was _wrong_.

If there is the _author_, an answer from him/her like "I used cell arrays for code clarity" would be a clear design decision motive.

I would rather hear your motives to use 4D matrices instead of cell arrays.

Michael.