Re: post-moderating this list

From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Subject: Re: post-moderating this list
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:00:43 -0600

On 12/21/2012 02:20 PM, edmund ronald wrote:
> why not just put [LICENSE] or [FLAME] or [BUG] or [HELP] in the subject line?

This is an excellent idea.  I was part of a local Linux users group, and
some of us liked to argue politics and religion on our "discussion"
mailing list.  (I mean, we really did enjoy it!)  So after other people
got fed up, we agreed to voluntarily put [POLITICS] or [RELIGION] into
our subject lines.  That way I could argue with my friends at length,
and those who wanted to stay out of it could easily avoid us.  It really
did work, but it did require people to be responsible.

(Unfortunately our mail list server was used for "unauthorized
activities" and the university took us off line.  We started a google
group, but for some reason it never gets used.)