Re: Woctave-another gui front end

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Woctave-another gui front end
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:11:29 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

You are very welcome.

It's not that I agree with everything in the book, but it is definitely an eye
opener.

In the Russian translation of the book:

" А с потерей доверия к
себе тут же неизбежно приходится
равняться на какой-то посторонний
авторитет. ".

Translation back into English:

As one loses faith in him/herself, he/she inevitably has to use some outer
authority as a role model.

In this list the indoctrination is high that even what GPL allows (linking with
non-free SW, but _without_ distribution) was considered to be illegal, and RMS
was called to support this false point of view - which he didn't.

I remind again and again - people use Octave to solve real problems - not to
promote GPL.

So, if Octave developers want to attract more users, instead of scaring them to
death with GPL and its strings attached better explain them how Octave can use
there problems _despite_ strings attached to GPL.

And the _very_ first explanation should when it is allowed to link with
non-free SW.

Regards,
  Sergei.