Re: Memory allocation error

From: asha g
Subject: Re: Memory allocation error
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 16:14:46 +0800 (SGT)

>I keep getting this error message when I try to run certain programs. Is there some way I can increase the memory so this error does not happen. Thanks Asha G
>
>error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type -- trying to return to prompt
>error: popen2: process creation failed -- Cannot allocate memory
>error: called from:
>error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/__gnuplot_open_stream__.m at line 28, column 44
>error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/gnuplot_drawnow.m at line 85, column 19
>octave3.2:1>

You don't show your code.

I assume the problem occurs when you call some *plot function. If it's the case I suggest to check sizes of the function arguments.

Your problem begins with

"
memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type -- trying to return to prompt
",

i.e. you have to find out why "memory [is] exhausted".

Regards,
  Sergei.

 I am attaching the script files. There are many function files. Not sure whether I shd send them or this will do.
Thanks
Asha G