Re: Symbolic Package

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Symbolic Package
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:30:31 -0500

On 3 December 2012 05:07, Marcel Merkle <address@hidden> wrote:
> is there the opportunity to calculate the modulo of two variables of
> the vpa-type. I couldn't find a method in the reference of the
> symbolic-package.

No. There is supposed to be a remainder function, but it doesn't seem
to work at all. The symbolic package is badly broken and almost
useless.

Tell you guys what, I'll setup a kickstarter for the symbolic package
with the following two goals: make it work on arrays and at least make
a few of the basic functions look more like Matlab's. I'll start
fleshing out the details, or you guys can tell me what you want the
symbolic package to do.

- Jordi G. H.