Re: on packahing on general and on contents of http://wiki.octave.org/OE

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: on packahing on general and on contents of http://wiki.octave.org/OEP:pkg
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:42:00 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>
> To: c. <address@hidden>; Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden>; Ben Abbott
> <address@hidden>; Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>; Juan Pablo
> Carbajal <address@hidden>; Carnë Draug <address@hidden>

And the issue Octave developers haven't yet addressed (or I missed it ?) is the
following.

Suppose a mechanism to select packages is in place, i.e. there is a possibility:

foo_package comes from John
bar_package comes from Paul.

So far so good.

Now, say,

foo_package depends on doo_package
bar_package depends on dah_package
.

Where do doo_package and dah_package come from ?

Folks, again and again, _first_ resolve the whole namespace issue.

Regards,
  Sergei.