Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:47:19 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
> To: Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>
> Cc: edmund ronald <address@hidden>; "address@hidden" <address@hidden>;
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden>; "address@hidden" <address@hidden>;
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:39 AM
> Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

[snip]
> The problem on MacOS X is the APSLv2 include files needed to access system
> libraries.
>
> Ben

Can you link APSLv2 stuff with BSD stuff ?

Can you later link GPL stuff with BSD stuff - the BSD stuff being the insulator
between APSLv2 and GPL ?

Can you write a server providing access to APSLv2 stuff and can you change
Octave source in order to send requests to the server and use rendered by the
server services instead of linking to APSLv2 stuff ?

I can tell you an old Jewish joke about changing faith - it's politically
incorrect, but fits the "problem".

Regards,
  Sergei.