Re: Successive Over-Relaxation ... what is wrong? Improvements?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Successive Over-Relaxation ... what is wrong? Improvements?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:25:48 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

For example, I've tried to use 'invfreqs' function from 'signal' package. It
does work - for narrow by my standards band fitting, say, 2 .. 3 octaves.

And I found it impossible to use it for 12+ octaves fitting of real curves. And
I do not think it's a problem of Octave or the function - with low order
accuracy isn't sufficient and with high order the matrices involved become
singular, so the final result is even worse than with lower order.

This is numeric world, accuracy issues show themselves from time to time.

Regards,
  Sergei.