Re: OctaveForge for project of the month

From: Isak Delberth Davids
Subject: Re: OctaveForge for project of the month
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:37:44 +0200

On 16 October 2012 12:00, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 16, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> Here are the reasons:
>
> 1) visit http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_package.php and _patiently_ scroll down;
> 2) if you are patient enough, you'll notice that the text left margin moves to the right, i.e. at the top the text is left-justified as it should be, bu then the text moves to the right;
> 3) when I was taught by various people how to develop and test the code, I was explained that number of test cases is typically (quite) big, but at least _obvious_ corner cases should be tested, and the number of obvious corner cases is typically _much_ less than the full number of test cases;
> 4) in this particular instance there are just _two_ corner cases: top and bottom, and the developers didn't bother to check even them.
>
> So, because of _gross_ disrespect for very basic QA guidelines on the side of the developers I am fully opposed to nominating this project for "project of the month".

Sergei,

as the author of the code in question I do apologize: I am truly sorry that I forced you into using code that I developed in my (non-existing) spare-time. I really did not mean to force you to depend on this code. Please forgive me! I promise I will never ever release any code code that you could be interested in using, such that you shall never be forced to use my terrible code again. Please accept my apology for making something that serves a practical purpose, yet is imperfect. I shall never be practical again!

Yours truly,
Søren