Re: Code sprint: pkg.m

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Code sprint: pkg.m
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----
> From: JuanPi <address@hidden>

Is there a _spec_ for 'pkg.m' ? I have my own version, which is still broken,
but less - at least, for me.

Looking into the code and playing with it I've come to the conclusion that
_conceptually_ package management in Octave is not well defined, that's why I'm
asking: is there a _functional_ spec telling what 'pkg.m' has to do ?

Looking at http://wiki.octave.org/Code_sprint:_pkg.m :

"Remove -global and -local flags
        * Those flags are currently ignored internally anyways so they should
disappear "

- huh ?

They are not ignored, and packages are installed into different locations.

Thanks,
  Sergei.