Re: Oct files with dynamic libraries

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Re: Oct files with dynamic libraries
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:24:26 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2012, at 14:39, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link, good source! I was wondering if there is a way of
>>> telling this directly from a cmake file?
>>
>> You should probably set an rpath when building the shared library
>> instead of messing with LD_LIBRARY_LOAD. The above document also
>> explains rpaths.
>
> Or, alternatively, if you have permission to do so, install your shared
> library in some more standard path that is
> already serched by the loader, for example "/usr/local/lib"
>
>> - Jordi G. H.

Ok that's strange. It's not working anymore...
I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, tried -Wl,-rpath setting, but always the
same error message:
error: run_sievedeck.m:
/home/hous/workspace/zamp_siebmodell/trunk/octave/build/sievedeck.oct:
failed to load: libabsolutesievedeck.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
The library exists, this cannot be the problem. What else can I do?