Re: [OctDev] inputname and function(cell{:})

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: [OctDev] inputname and function(cell{:})
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 06:57:29 +0200

On 15.09.2012, at 16:52, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> Lukas,
>
> This is just off the top of my head and I didn't look at your code in
> detail, but how about using a struct instead of a cell to pass the
> arguments and getting the names of the variables with the fieldnames
> function?
>
> HTH,
> - Jordi G. H.

Hi Jordi

Hmm, I was looking for a solution for bode (lticell{:}), not a workaround ;-)
In control-2.3.54 I've just released, I used the following two hacks in the
bode and nyquist functions:

BODE:
-----
      try
        legend_args = cat (2, legend_args, inputname(sys_idx(k)));  # watch out
for bode (lticell{:})
      end_try_catch

NYQUIST:
--------
      try
        legend_args{k} = inputname(sys_idx(k));
      catch
        legend_args{k} = "";
      end_try_catch

Thanks again for your responsive help and best regards,
Lukas