Re: How to get the help of @?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: How to get the help of @?
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 04:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 8/31/12, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: How to get the help of @?
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Peng Yu" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Friday, August 31, 2012, 11:08 AM
> On 31 August 2012 14:01, Sergei
> Steshenko <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > This particular example shows that you apparently
> ignore the "single point of
> > change/maintenance" concept,
>
> Since you know it so well, you will have no trouble writing
> the
> required patch to fix Octave and make it obey this concept.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

You have yet another time shown your _fundamenta_ misunderstanding of
development methodology.

Projects like Octave are done by _several_ developers.

There _must_ be some project _management_ which/who thinks of overall
development flow and establishes guidelines.

There _must_ be an entity which/who _enforces_ the guidelines.

For example, regarding the documentation - there is "overall" documentation and
per function documentation.

There is (probably/hopefully) a vision how the final documentation should look
- for example, first introductory/"overall" part and then functions.

This is a simplified picture, just a starting point.

If to accept the above picture, people who implement functions _must_ supply
per their function documentation in an agreed form/format, and the project
management _must_ create a set of tools (either itself or by requesting
developers) which generates the documentation in all desired formats (e.g. PDF,
HTML, texinfo) from the _same_ set of supplied _primary_ sources.

Jordi, I can _not_ ("can not" means in this case _absence_ of physical ability)
write a patch which corrects your mind/your way of thinking/your way of project
management. Only _you_ can change your mind/your way of thinking/your way of
project management if you truly wish so.

That's why I wrote earlier that either ways of thinking or, if not possible,
_people_ should be replaced.

Regards,
  Sergei.