FLTK backend mouse cursor as horiz/vert bar?

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: FLTK backend mouse cursor as horiz/vert bar?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:09:30 -0400

Is there a way to get the mouse cursor in the FLTK backend to be a full horizontal and/or vertical line that extends from the edges of the window (I think IDL had this as an option but it's been quite a while)? I've been using ginput heavily lately to interactively select features from some stacked plots and the small size of the cursor makes this more tedious than seems to be necessary (I've been taking mental note of the cursor position displayed at the bottom of the screen and carefully moving the cursor between curves--it's frustrating). I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this that I'm not aware of (I'm considering writing a whole ginput wrapper function but want to make sure I haven't missed something obvious). Any suggestions?

--judd