Re: leasqr question

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: leasqr question
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:04:20 +0200

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Mathematically the fit is described with a function, but to put in in
the screen you need a finite number of values. As sergei point out
if you plot a sine function (which is very smooth) with a few data
points, it doesn't look smooth. To see the "smoothness" of the
function when plotting you need ot use more points, the more you use
the more smooth the function will look like. At certain point it
doesn't make sense to add more points (cause you will not see the
difference) and there you have your finite amount of points making
your plot look smooth.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----