Re: Octave cookbook

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave cookbook
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:54:57 -0400

On Aug 22, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

> On 22 August 2012 18:31, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 21 Aug 2012, at 20:55, Carnë Draug wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> I have started a page on the wiki entitled Octave cookbook.
>>> http://wiki.octave.org/Cookbook At the moment it only has two entries
>>> but if each person adds its own recipe, I hope that it can turn into
>>> something quite useful. For those who are not familiar with the
>>> concept, the idea is to catalogue a bunch of snippets to solve common
>>> problems that for one reason or another don't have a function.
>>>
>>> There's no need for them be specially difficult or complicated things.
>>> For example, I really like "Perl cookbook" which has really simple
>>> things such as "reversing an array" to other more complicated such as
>>> "Writing a Multihomed server" (whatever that is). Actually many of the
>>> recipes in perl cookbook are, "use foo from module bar".
>>>
>>> Carnë
>>
>> Great idea!
>>
>> I tried to add an entry, but it seems the wiki is having problems at
>> interpreting math formulas at the moment?
>> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Jordi has just fixed this. It should be working now.
>
> Carnë

I just noticed that texcv is installed.

        http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Math

For those who know LaTeX, you can do things like ...

 <math>
  \operatorname{erfc}(x) =
  \frac{2}{\sqrt{\pi}} \int_x^{\infty} e^{-t^2}\,dt =
  \frac{e^{-x^2}}{x\sqrt{\pi}}\sum_{n=0}^\infty (-1)^n \frac{(2n)!}{n!(2x)^{2n}}
 </math>

Ben