Re: 3.6.2 on Win7, signal pkg not in path

From: Børge Strand-Bergesen
Subject: Re: 3.6.2 on Win7, signal pkg not in path
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:21:13 +0200

> We try to not have packages load at start up by default as we find
> this a bad idea. We always have to run "pkg load whatever". But if you
> want to this done automatically, you can add it to .octaverc. This can
> be done for many other such as set your default text editor, graphicss
> toolkit, whatever.

Thank you for the clarification. It's good to know this is a feature
and not a bug with my installation.

May I suggest that pkg load lines are added to .octaverc at
install-time to reflect the chosen options. It makes things quite a
bit more user friendly to have it work right out of the box.

Cheers,
Børge