Re: using JavaOctave for image processing

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: using JavaOctave for image processing
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 01:16:19 +0100

On 12 August 2012 23:02, kermitts (sis) <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since your code is written in Java, have you considered using
> ImageJ[1] instead? I'd recommend to install it through FIJI [2] if you
> are interested. I find it really fast and it's on the public domain.
>
> Yes I already know the imageJ, is it faster to use that rather than octave? I
> would like to use it but since all the calculation I had is already written
> in octave, I try this thing first :)
> If you say so... I will try it sooon :)

ImageJ is fast but I never tried to compared it against Octave. And I
never actually wrote my own code with ImageJ, only used what's already
written. But even only using the ImageJ macro language (which in
theory is much slower), I'd wager that is still faster than Octave
(and Matlab).

But if you already have the code written in Octave then go with it. I
thought your problem was the opposite.

Carnë