Re: GNUplot stops responding

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: GNUplot stops responding
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:37:18 +0100

On 8 August 2012 16:05, Filippo Rotolo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carne,
>
> I am using Windows 7, does 3.6.2 work with Windows 7?  Also, do you know
> where I can find the file to download? Is it an .exe file?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Filippo Rotolo <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you so much Carne, I will do that.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Filippo
>>>
>>> you can start by upgrading to 3.6.2 and see if the problem is fixed
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Carnë

Hi Filippo

always make "Reply to all" and include the mailing list. Do not reply
to me only. Also, avoid top posting, do bottom posting instead. See
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html to understand what I mean.
People on this mailing list will do the same.

I do not use Windows so I don't know the procedure to do so but I'd
suggest you start by reading http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows
. The page doesn't look completely up to date but the differences
shouldn't be very small. I know that at least the 3.6.2 has been
already been compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio. The link to see
all available windows installers is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/
Every one of those have a README file. You should read those as well.
Once you manage to do it, if you could update the wiki page, that
would be great. Thanks in advance,

Carnë