Re: Uicontrol not displaying anything

From: felixt
Subject: Re: Uicontrol not displaying anything
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 03:49:44 -0700 (PDT)

My experience insofar:

1. QtHandles is only available in the binary compiled with Visual Studio,
but unaivailable in the binary compiled with GCC. I think that could be
arranged through recompilation, the maintainer might consider that.

2. There are several bugs in Octave 3.6.2-VS-QtHandles that I ended using:
 2.1: available_graphics_toolkits does not report the "qt" toolkit as being
available, although the command graphics_toolkit correctly recognizes it
 2.2: QtHandles does seems to not correctly report the current mouse
coordinates for the root object and for the current axes (for example inside
the "buttondownfcn" callback - the reported coordinates are always stuck to
zero). All the while, the current mouse coordinates are correctly reported
for figure objects, and that requires a bit of mathematics to translate
those coordinates in axes data coordinates, in order to obtain a ginput
function similar to Matlab.
 2.3 The giput function is available for the gnuplot and fltk graphics
toolkits, but not for the "qt" (QtHandles) graphics toolkits.

Those are my experiences insofar.

Thank you.