Re: Help with xlsread

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Help with xlsread
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:54:49 -0700 (PDT)

Basti wrote

> Hello supporters,
>
> I cannot work with xlsread.
> I get following message:
>
> Detected XLS interfaces: warning:  No Java support found (no Java JRE?
> no Java pkg installed AND loaded?
>
> None.
> warning: No support for Excel .xls I/O
> warning: xlsread: some elements in list of return values are undefined
>

> What can I do?

1. First of all, read this mailing list for similar questions. Incidentally,
last week the same question came up & was answered.
Most knowledgeable people on this ML have no time to repeat the same answers
over and over.

> Could you help me?

2. I could point you to this thread:
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2012-June/052593.html