Changing save and load locations?

From: bofonomo
Subject: Changing save and load locations?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all Octavians,

When I started using octave and tried to save matrix as a csv file, and
originally by specifying a path as well as the file name: such as
"c:\pathdirectory\file.csv" and got errors.

It worked only when the file was simply "file.csv", however I had no idea
where this file was saved, so I did a search and found it in "C:\Users\JJ"
which is odd as octave is saved in
"D:\Programs\OctaveGNU\Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2"

So I've been simply using the "C:\Users\JJ" for everything I do, i.e. if I
need to load a file I'll put it there and then load it in Octave GNU.

Is there a way of specifying the save location?  I've found this page:
http://www.obihiro.ac.jp/~suzukim/masuda/octave/html3/octave_74.html#SEC121

and tried the savepath function and it only returns this:
warning: savepath: current path saved to ~\.octaverc

any help would be great.

Ta