matrix problems

From: Robert Bywater
Subject: matrix problems
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 14:20:49 +0100

I have a large  (44x44) triangular matrix that I want to run with the command linkage.

But I get the error message: 'error: number of columns must match (43 != 44)'

Well, of course. But the matrix IS 44x44.

(I get the same error message when I run matrix_type)

I have commas after each matrix element except at the end of each row, where there is a ;
This is as it should be. There are 43 of these ";"'s, not 44, because the final row should close with a ], which it does.
There are 44 rows (of length 44 diminishing to 1).

So, howcum I'm getting this error message?

All suggestions welcome

robpbyw