Re: orient tall with fltk

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: orient tall with fltk
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:04:37 -0400

On May 7, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Jose wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am trying to use "orient tall" to fill a paper size with a figure as
> explained in
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/plot-orientation-feature-plot-filling-page-td1635594.html
>
> It seems that orient tall does not work correctly when using fltk in
> octave-3.6.1.
>
> Try
>
> -----
> plot([1:10])
> graphics_toolkit (1,'gnuplot')
> set(gcf,'papersize',[30 20]);
> orient tall;
> print('-dpdf','foo1.pdf');
>
> graphics_toolkit (1,'fltk')
> set(gcf,'papersize',[30 20]);
> orient tall;
> print('-dpdf','foo2.pdf');
> -----
>
> Find attached foo1.pdf (correct one, using gnuplot) and foo2.pdf (incorrect,
> using fltk).
>
> Or am I missing something?
> Any workaround?
>
> BR
> Jose
> <foo2.pdf><foo1.pdf>

Octave's OpenGL backends require than the plot be rendered on the screen. To
render the plot on screen you'll need a monitor with a resolution of [30, 20] *
72 plus a bit more for the figure window's toolbar, menubar and border.

A work around is reduce the size of the output and then scale it when done.

Ben