Re: Memory mapping toolkit

From: christopher taylor
Subject: Re: Memory mapping toolkit
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 10:28:41 -0400

I'm not particularly interested in visualizations but a toolbox that can do something similar to python's mmap module - except for mat files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory-mapped_file
http://docs.python.org/library/mmap.html

This would lighten some of the memory constraints individuals would experience loading/accessing really large mat files b/c memory mapping is a method to avoid loading all of the contents in the mat file into octave's memory space.

Matlab offers this functionality:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/import_export/braidws-3.html

I was just curious to see if anyone had used boost's memory mapping api or something similar for creating a similar capability in octave.

ct

On Monday, May 7, 2012, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 7 May 2012 08:56, christopher taylor
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Has anyone developed a memory mapping toolkit/library for mat files?

What exactly is this? What do you have in mind? You want some sort of
graphical representation of how memory is being used?

- Jordi G. H.

--
Very respectfully,

Christopher Taylor