print with pdflatex device

From: Jose
Subject: print with pdflatex device
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:14:51 +0300

Hello all.

There is a problem when saving a figure using the pdflatex device (with fltk backend, as gnuplot does not support it, and octave 3.6.1).

plot(1,1);
print('-dpdflatex', 'foo.tex');

This will produce two files:foo.tex and foo-inc.pdf. As I understand it, foo.tex should contain a reference to foo-inc.pdf, and there is not such a reference. There is, however, a suspicious empty "\includegraphics{}" inside a picture environbment.

When using foo.tex as it is in a latex document there is an error complaining about this empty includegraphics. Changing it manually to "\includegraphics{foo-inc.pdf}" solves the problem.

I guess that the pdflatex device should do this automatically, right?.

BR
Jose