openmpi_ext segmentation fault

From: Thomas Kamalakis
Subject: openmpi_ext segmentation fault
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:18:32 +0300

Greetings from an octave / MPI newbie.

I have installed octave 3.2.4 and compiled the openmpi_ext package on a single Ubuntu 11.10 machine. I tried the hello world example and get a segmentation fault just before the processes terminate (I am using a single host). Data exchange seems to work fine though up to that point.

I did not follow by heart the openmpi_ext’s guidelines for openmpi compilation but mkoctfile did not produce any errors or warnings. Also mpirun seems to work fine with MPI programs compiled with mpicc even across hosts.

Anyone has any ideas why does this segmentation fault appear?

Thanx

T.